- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- The chapters of this book are organized around the different ways Kemble sought to braid her family's story into the larger landscape of Playa Grande and to provide inspiration, joy, and respite to all who come.
- "Fantasy" looks at the way she used whimsical, dreamlike elements--from the latticework cabanas by the pool to the lamb statues on the property who "mow" the lawns--throughout the property to create a sense of play and possibility.
- "Light, Salt, Air" describes how she went about bringing the most precious elements of the beach into the homes themselves, creating a feeling of flow and permeability, and reminding visitors constantly of where they are. "In the Jungle" looks at the design cues she took from the flora and fauna of the tropical rainforest surrounding Playa Grande to create an alluring tension between chaos and refinement.
- "Sweet & Dark" examines the surprising color combinations that tango into life in the tropics--whether in the form of tribal prints in hot Gauguin colors mixed with Jordan-almond pastels or handmade objects like a papier-mâché lobster mask that brings a shout of spirit to a room.
- Finally, "Texture" focuses on the powerful impact that thoughtfully layered materials--from rough, local coquina stone and painted antique wicker to the smooth polished cotton of Dutch wax prints--have on a space. Throughout this lovingly crafted book, ideas abound for anyone decorating a sunny home or fantasizing about spending time in one. Kemble shares inspiration for creating a sense of openness to the sea, sand, and sky; offering places to wash sandy feet or perfect viewing spots for a sunset-saturated drink; and infusing spaces with invitation, welcome, and magic.
Why Shop with Us
Free shipping for U.S. Puchases over $50.
Your payment information is processed securely. Our checkout is quick and easy to use.
Returns within 30 days receive a full refund.
Customer chat available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use collapsible tabs for more detailed information that will help customers make a purchasing decision.
Ex: Shipping and return policies, size guides, and other common questions.
Accessibly App Accessibility Statement
Accessibly App is committed to making sites accessible for all, including people with disabilities. We are continuously improving the service we provide through our app to comply with increased accessibility standards, guidelines, and to make the browsing experience better for everyone.
The app uses the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defined requirements to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Accessibly App is following the best guidelines and is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA.
Accessibly App is an app supported in Shopify and Wordpress environments. The app relies on the following technologies:
Accessibly App features
When a site has Accessibly App installed, the website can be adjusted with keyboard navigation using the “tab” key (WCAG 2.1/2.1.1). Additionally, see the list of all provided Accessibly App features and tools for better website experience:
Zoom | WCAG 2.1 / 1.4.4
This feature enables users to enhance the size of the text to up to three times the original text for better text readability.
Makes the cursor bigger and more prominent. Increases the size for better site browsing.
Invert the colors of the website content. For those with decreased vision, the high contrast greatly helps to read the site better.
Tweak Contrast | WCAG 2.1 / 1.4.6
This feature lets users manually select from two options: to enhance the contrast of the website or to decrease the contrast.
Tweak Brightness | WCAG 2.1 / 1.4.6
This feature lets users update the brightness on the site. The content can either be made brighter or darker.
Grayscale | WCAG 2.1 / 1.4.6
Users can turn on grayscale, making the website content appear only in shades of gray. This benefits people with visual impairment.
Add a supportive reading line to the site.
Convert the fonts available on-site to one of the most easily readable fonts: Helvetica.
Alt Text and Images
Ability to read alt text of images. As of now, our tool has added a feature where alt descriptions for images without them are generated using Google's Vision AI. In the event that you haven't manually written these image descriptions yourself, this greatly helps people with visual impairment browse your site.
Tooltips | WCAG 2.1 / 2.5.3
Add labels to images that contain a written description of the image.
Highlight links to make them more prominent.
Hide images on the site. This provides better site readability for people with visual impairment.
A feature that allows a voice to read the text on your site out loud to visitors.
Notes & Feedback
We always try to update our services and operate in the best possible manner to benefit all of our clients and their site visitors. If you experience any issues with the Accessibly App provided service, however, please email email@example.com. They respond within 3 business days.
We cannot control or correct problems with third-party sites, but please let us know if you encounter difficulty with any sites we link to so we can pass the information along to the site owners. You may also want to address your concerns directly to these third parties.